The Foundation and Corporate Giving staff is part of the WVU Foundation's overall advancement mission. Our goal is to raise funds and bring resources to WVU from private foundations, corporations and corporate-related foundations. We work to support University-priority academic, research, capital, and service projects, and build comprehensive, mutually beneficial, sustainable relationships with select foundations.
The staff identifies potential funding sources and provides guidance in the planning and coordination of approaches to prospective funders. We assist in preparing and submitting grant proposals for institutional and faculty grants, providing stewardship, and managing grants.
- Work with the University president, provost and chancellor, deans, chairs and faculty to learn about and advance priority projects
- Build close working relationships with key foundation and corporate representatives
- Facilitate linkages between the University and potential foundation and corporate sponsors through research, personal contacts, and proposal development
- Help to target proposals to the best possible matches among foundation or corporate prospects
- Provide foundations and corporations with information about current strategies and projects that may fit with their particular organizational objectives
- Support active stewardship for funded projects
Services We Provide
Please note that you should contact the Offices of Foundation Giving or Corporate Giving when any foundation or corporation will be approached. This will enable us to provide essential oversight and services, including:
- Distributing Requests For Proposals (RFPs) to relevant schools and faculty
- Assessing a project's suitability for a particular foundation or corporation and alignment with WVU's institutional priorities
- Facilitating cross-institutional and interdisciplinary proposals by bringing together participants from different schools, colleges, and University offices, when feasible
- Helping to target your proposals to the best possible matches among foundation or corporate prospects
- Sharing information about foundations or corporations we have relationships with
- Facilitating approaches to foundations and corporations, including those we do not have relationships with
- Helping to develop letters of inquiry and full proposals
- Assisting with stewardship and follow-up, including recognition and acknowledgement of donor awards
- Providing post award administrative and fiscal management for your funded project
- Tracking foundation and corporate gift history for University and Foundation required reports
Loreta has extensive experience in small business management and corporate intelligence. She has 7 years experience higher education fundraising, with a focus on corporate interaction & activity.
Jim has over 30 years in higher education fundraising in all areas of development, including sponsored research and foundation management.
Our mailing address and fax number are:
Offices of Foundation Giving & Corporate Giving
One Waterfront Place, 7th Floor
Morgantown, WV 26507 Fax: 304-284-4001