Background Image for Header:
Executive Director of Leadership Annual Giving
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF LEADERSHIP ANNUAL GIVING
The West Virginia University Foundation, Inc., the fundraising arm of WVU, seeks
a seasoned and dynamic Director of Leadership Annual Giving to join its evolving
team. The Director is responsible for managing the three LAG team members and additional
duties include but are not limited to:
• Working with Prospect Development and Strategy, annually plans, executes, and
assesses the University’s program for identifying and soliciting prospects and suspects
capable of making annual gifts at the leadership annual giving level ($5,000 to $50,000).
• Builds and manages a personal portfolio of leadership annual giving prospects.
• Engages leadership annual giving prospects and suspects through personal visits,
as well as phone conversations and email exchanges.
• Makes annual solicitations for gifts at the leadership annual giving level
($5,000 to $50,000).
• Develops and maintains a working knowledge of general university needs and
specific needs of units.
• Discusses engagement of specific leadership annual gift prospects and suspects
with unit development staff as needed.
• Identifies major gift prospects within the leadership annual giving pool and
coordinates ongoing engagement with major gift officers in the appropriate units.
• Plans and executes approved regional and national travel to meet with leadership
annual giving prospects and suspects.
Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years' experience or a similar
combination of education and related experience required, including experience supervising
other staff. Frequent travel, including air travel, will be required.
WEST VIRGINIA UNIVERSITY FOUNDATION, INC.
Screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Qualified candidates should forward a current resume with a letter of interest via email to: HR@wvuf.org. Please include "LAGDIR" (all one word, no spaces) in the subject line of the email.