Background Image for Header:
Corporate and Foundation Relations
The WVU Foundation Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (OCFR) team has developed
this one-stop-shop for your corporate and foundation fundraising needs. Here, you
can access a series of web-based forms (including the Proposal Coordination Form),
links and other information to more efficiently identify, qualify, solicit and
steward organizations that provide philanthropic support to WVU.
Our highest priority is to secure external, philanthropic resources in support of WVU’s land-grant mission.
OCFR contributes to the WVU mission by helping WVU faculty find resources to advance their work while enhancing meaningful philanthropic relationships with corporation and foundation investors. OCFR has an overall goal to increase the number and quality of proposals submitted on behalf of the University.
We are a service operation— working to build relationships among our administrators, faculty, corporations, and foundations.
Internally we assist our collaborations in various ways including:
- Facilitating ongoing cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporations and community, corporate, family, and independent foundations.
- Establishing administrative procedures and practices that ensure a coordinated and strategic approach to corporations and foundations
- Working with the colleges, schools and research centers to identify and develop promising ideas
- Assisting in drawing connections between the goals of a project and the mission and aims of various corporate and foundation investors
- Responding to requests from our university colleagues for assistance with other activities related to corporate and foundation funding such as program development, strategy development, funding outreach, proposal writing, and editing.
Externally, OCFR collaborates with corporate and foundation representatives around the world to identify engagement opportunities that promise to further shared interests.
Corporate and Foundation Relations Staff
Senior Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Shelley serves as part of WVUF’s senior development team and is responsible for the overall management and operation of the CFR Office. In addition to these management responsibilities, she also oversees a portfolio of some of the institution’s top donors.
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Loreta is the longest tenured member of the CFR team with over 14 years of service to the WVU community. Loreta’s key responsibility is fundraising from a proactive as well as reactive way. Loreta has strong personal interest in STEM education initiatives across the WVU Campus.
Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations (HSC)
Anne joined the CFR team in October 2019 after working for the WVU Research Corporation for over a decade. She is our gift/grant expert and extremely knowledgeable in the interface between WVUF and WVU Research. Anne serves as the primary contact for the Health Sciences at WVU.
Senior Foundation Development Specialist