WVU Medicine Children's
A month-long fundraising effort by West Virginia auto dealers steered $86,350 in support to WVU Medicine Children’s to aid kids dealing with health challenges.
The second annual Cars for Kids initiative invited participating auto dealers to contribute $100 from every vehicle sale in August to benefit the WVU Medicine Children’s Child Life program. More than 20 auto dealerships statewide participated.
“The West Virginia Automobile Dealers Association is proud of its dealer members coming together to help raise the funds necessary to improve the health of kids throughout our state,” Jared Wyrick, president of the West Virginia Automobile Dealers Association, said. “West Virginia’s new car dealers have raised over $86,000 to support the Child Life program at WVU Medicine Children’s this year.”
The Child Life program employs highly trained professionals who help children cope with the stress and uncertainty of illness, injury, disability, and hospitalization. The goal is to provide medical education, preparation, and support to reduce fear and anxiety in hospitalized children and their families.
The program has grown to serve more patients than ever before following the recent opening of the new 150-bed WVU Medicine Children’s Hospital adjacent to J.W. Ruby Memorial Hospital in Morgantown.
“Greater support for our Child Life program at WVU Medicine Children’s enhances our ability to provide top-notch pediatric care by promoting better outcomes and shorter hospital stays,” Amy L. Bush, B.S.N., M.B.A., R.N., C.N.O.R., WVU Medicine Children’s chief administrative officer, said. “We are grateful to continue this partnership with West Virginia’s auto dealers to help provide hope and healing for Mountain State children and families.”
Participating West Virginia auto dealerships include:
- Beckley – Mountaineer Ford Lincoln and Mountaineer Mitsubishi
- Bridgeport – Jenkins Hyundai and Jenkins Subaru
- Chapmanville – Thornhill Toyota
- Charleston – Todd Judy Ford East and Todd Judy Ford West
- Elkins – Elkins Auto, Elkins Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Ram, Elkins Fordland
- Fairmont – Anthony Chevrolet
- Grafton – Toothman Ford and Toothman and Sowers Ford
- Lewisburg – Greenbrier Chevrolet Buick, Greenbrier Ford Inc., and Greenbrier Motor Co. Inc.
- Morgantown – Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram Fiat, Premier Chevrolet Buick and GMC, Premier Nissan, University Mercedes-Benz, University Mitsubishi, and University Toyota
- Summersville – Midstate Ford, Northside Chevrolet Buick GMC, and Northside Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
- Sutton – Midstate Chevrolet Buick
All contributions to WVU Medicine Children’s are made through the WVU Foundation, the nonprofit organization that receives and administers private donations on behalf of the University and its affiliated entities.